Physicker ability: Hillant Unguent

Seekers of knowledge, from physickers to alchemists to occultists.
Rias
DEV

Physicker ability: Hillant Unguent

Post by Rias »

Physickers can now learn the Hillant Unguent ability, allowing them to use the MEDICAL CONCOCT command to concoct said unguent which will heal flesh wounds quite quickly. (Remember: Bleeding wounds need to be sutured before they can be treated with unguents.)

Ability info here on the wiki.

To concoct the unguent requires a few things:
- A mortar-and-pestle, which can be purchased at the infirmary or in the Physicker class area at the Library.
- Some blue-valley milkweed, which can be foraged out in various places on the Bluestem Plains
- A small jar to store the unguent in (several for sale at the market)
- Some hillant jelly from hillant colony husks. These can be found in a certain explorable area where the colony mounds are found (maybe some explorers have seen them before - now they're actually useful for something!). CRUSH the colonies and you can break off a husk, but the colony will swarm after it sustains enough damage and it won't be harvestable for a while until the colony calms down again. A second option is for hunters to HUNT the unique wildlife in that area that preys on hillants and may have some husks on them when LOOTed. The husks spoil quite quickly (within about 24 hours) so you'll want to gather them only when a physicker is ready to put them to use, rather than hoarding them up and watching them all simply spoil from disuse. The concoction process and additional ingredients includes some kind of preservative measures, meaning once concocted, the unguent will keep indefinitely (though that might change at some point as I think on it).

So, not only can physickers now concoct and bring some unguents around with them, but they could also choose to sell the unguents to others so people can perform their own field treatments. Remember to charge a decent amount for this valuable service and healing agent!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: Physicker ability: Hillant Unguent

Post by Rias »

P.S. I forgot my usual disclaimer that the location of the hillant mounds and the milkweed aren't meant to be a secret. I just like to let people do the initial discoveries themselves. Feel free to spread the info around so physickers can make lots of unguents for everyone. Or don't. Maybe sell the information? The choice is yours!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO