Why rogue or treasure hunter?

Rangers, bards, treasure hunters, rogues - anyone with a love for the adventurous lifestyle beyond the town walls.
Blargle

Why rogue or treasure hunter?

Post by Blargle »

Hi, brand new here and I've got a question about these classes. I've looked over their wiki pages and it seems they are nearly identical with the only thing that differentiates between the two is skill caps. Am I missing something or is there something deeper that isn't readily apparent on the wiki? Seems like having both is a bit redundant and they could just be consolidated into one class.
Lexx416

Re: Why rogue or treasure hunter?

Post by Lexx416 »

Blargle wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:40 pm Hi, brand new here and I've got a question about these classes. I've looked over their wiki pages and it seems they are nearly identical with the only thing that differentiates between the two is skill caps. Am I missing something or is there something deeper that isn't readily apparent on the wiki? Seems like having both is a bit redundant and they could just be consolidated into one class.
I'd assume that in the future, they'll have more unique abilities between the two of them. I wouldn't consider any of the classes fully done at this point, since the game is still not considered "released" yet.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Zombilicious

Post by Zombilicious »

It also might be a situation that involves some RP. Maybe someone does not want to be a Rogue, and instead wants to be able to say they're a Treasure Hunter. That said, the skill caps are likely important, and as Lexx said, in the future things will likely be fleshed out more.
:verungnr_tentacles: :vodr_trident:
Navi

Post by Navi »

I would say treasure hunters are more focused on exploration and locksmithing, using artifice to keep themselves out of danger, where as rogue is sneaky urban thief and less afraid of confrontation.
There are a couple key differences though.
1. Rogues only get 100 arcana like any other character, treasure hunter goes up to 200. This means they have the ability to obtain three more glyphs than rogues.
2. Rogues have access to tactical dodge, which treasure hunters do not. It's not on the helpfile for some reason though, last I checked.
One other thing, rogues could still call themselves treasure hunters, they're rogues. Hi my name is bob, I'm a rogue. Kind of marks yourself as a sketchy guy.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again