Adventurers' guild hall

Rangers, bards, treasure hunters, rogues - anyone with a love for the adventurous lifestyle beyond the town walls.
nobody

Adventurers' guild hall

Post by nobody »

I was contemplating the placement for the adventurer's guild hall and wanted to suggest basing it in New Emberlight. It's got a few things going for it, namely that there are already road signs there, as well as long distance delivery tasks. As a town that gets raided a lot, they might also have a vested interest in encouraging adventurer types from both factions to have some attachment to the place, and a guild hall for such adventurous folks could certainly help.

If New Emberlight isn't the right place for it though, I could also see adventurers laying claim to the abandoned watchtower south of the abandoned village and turning that into a proper guild.
Rias
DEV

Re: Adventurers' guild hall

Post by Rias »

Somewhere up North Balkr Pass is probably the primary candidate for a centralized guild hall, but New Emberlight might work too. I still kind of like the idea of no major central hall for Adventurers, though. Though their town chapters will need some sprucing up so they're not just one room.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Agelity

Post by Agelity »

Rias wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:57 pm Somewhere up North Balkr Pass is probably the primary candidate for a centralized guild hall, but New Emberlight might work too. I still kind of like the idea of no major central hall for Adventurers, though. Though their town chapters will need some sprucing up so they're not just one room.
I kind of like the idea of the adventurers guild having a bunch of different guild halls, and perhaps certain towns being advantageous for certain specializations (the extra cool ranger stuff being in a cabin somewhere, bards being in a wandering troupe that you have to learn about via rumors in taverns, rogues hidden in a town hovel somewhere, treasure hunters also in a town though perhaps a little more above ground that the former...), with quests or some type of task/prompt not dissimilar to the druid initiation quest in order to locate the specialized guild hall. Each location that is accessible to all I imagine would at least have the essentials for any starting adventurer, but specialization specific abilities or unique perks/items accessible in the "specialized" location, however small and quaint (and however many across the world for each).
Teyarflow

Post by Teyarflow »

A back room in the Lost Ranger would be a great place for Rangers in town.