making temp shelters

Rangers, bards, treasure hunters, rogues - anyone with a love for the adventurous lifestyle beyond the town walls.
Valmorian

making temp shelters

Post by Valmorian »

so part of being able to survive in the wilderness is making shelters out of sap branches vines ect... It wouldn't be good for the world to just be full of endless shelters, so I'm assuming they would decay. The forest reclaiming them. or some mean person could always just light them on fire while they were up you could store stuff in them if you needed too or maybe just put one in a tree and hide stuff that way. either way it seems like a neat idea for survival skills certainly for rangers.
They might even provide some small warmth from the cold.
Rias
DEV

Re: making temp shelters

Post by Rias »

I could have sworn I had something like this on my to-do list, but I didn't, so - to-doed! I like the idea, and they'd definitely have to be temporary and decay over time, though could probably be maintained with effort. Might have to limit it to one or two at a time per character.

What gets tricky is whether to make it spawn its own room or not. I'm thinking not, and just treating it like a large container instead, as well as flagging it as a shelter so if you're in the same room as it and not in roundtime, you're considered sheltering in it and are bit safer from the elements like cold and rain and such.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Rias wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:27 am I could have sworn I had something like this on my to-do list, but I didn't, so - to-doed! I like the idea, and they'd definitely have to be temporary and decay over time, though could probably be maintained with effort. Might have to limit it to one or two at a time per character.

What gets tricky is whether to make it spawn its own room or not. I'm thinking not, and just treating it like a large container instead, as well as flagging it as a shelter so if you're in the same room as it and not in roundtime, you're considered sheltering in it and are bit safer from the elements like cold and rain and such.
In addition, if there were another ability that allowed such a shelter to be camouflaged, and therefore hidden , that would be nice too.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Lexx416 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm In addition, if there were another ability that allowed such a shelter to be camouflaged, and therefore hidden , that would be nice too.
Good idea. And easy-peasy, now that hidden items can be interacted with without removing their 'hidden' status.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO