Rogues - Mini Improvised Weapon Proficiency

Rangers, bards, treasure hunters, rogues - anyone with a love for the adventurous lifestyle beyond the town walls.
Zombilicious

Rogues - Mini Improvised Weapon Proficiency

Post by Zombilicious »

I do not play a rogue, but I was looking at their class abilities and realized that I expected them to have Improvised Weapon Proficiency because to me, a Rogue is also someone who would use what's at hand to defend themselves. I talked to Lexx about it, and he said he also felt that wasn't an unreasonable thing, so it might be nice if we could get some sort of Improvised Weapon Proficiency for Rogues.

Obviously it could be edited. For instance, removing the encumbrance/tiringness of it but not removing damage caps (since a Rogue is just there to smack you, wereas a Marauder is a warrior). Something.
:verungnr_tentacles: :vodr_trident:
Titus

Re: Rogues - Mini Improvised Weapon Proficiency

Post by Titus »

I see Rogues as thieves, and as all heist movies have shown us good thieves are all about the planning. They wouldn't undertake something as risky as thieving without commensurate deterrent on retribution. (ie: they'd be sure to be well-armed!) I always thought of Treasure Hunters as being more concerned with traps in long forgotten ruins than running into anybody and therefore the least combat-oriented (or people adverse) of the Adventurers, so they'd be kind to have to improvise with something on hand.
Navi

Re: Rogues - Mini Improvised Weapon Proficiency

Post by Navi »

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but adventurers all have a pretty good argument for having a lesser improvised weapon proficiency ability. I don't really know what that looks like myself. I like the idea of decreasing the energy cost or enc though.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again