Ability Ideas

Rangers, bards, treasure hunters, rogues - anyone with a love for the adventurous lifestyle beyond the town walls.
Lexx416

Re: Ability Ideas

Post by Lexx416 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:24 pm

Agelity wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:24 pm
Where I was stuck was whether this should be under a basic trap ability and whether bonuses were afforded to the aforementioned classes or whether there should be tiers for other additions to the trap to occur (perhaps something more deadly for those with much higher skill in bushcraft/artifice or something).

I'd love to see this as a Generic ability that had a prerequisite of Bushcraft OR artifice, similar to how Small Game Snares function. I'd then add in Class based bonuses.

I would genuinely find this to be useful. There's places that my PC goes sometimes, where they'd like to be alerted if someone were following behind them in some capacity.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."

Rias
DEV

Post by Rias » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:44 pm

I love the tripwire ideas, and the fun utility of it being used as an alert system!

mahkefel

Post by mahkefel » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:08 pm

Mostly because I keep forgetting I'm hidden and can't figure why it's taking too long to get anywhere:

Road Agent:
(Apparently this is what stage coach robbers were called?)
Decreases the round time (and endurance cost?) while travelling hidden along roads. For rogues and possibly night blades?

mahkefel

Post by mahkefel » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:08 pm

Rogues (and treasure hunters even more so) having several abilities that want them to stay light on their feet and their main current mechanics all involving picking up more things, results in a fairly intense anti-synergy. Bags floating around behind the larcenous cad are also a bit unsubtle. An ability to mitigate this somewhat would be useful, I think, something like:

"Practiced Looter": You have practiced how to quickly and expertly pack loose items with a minimum of fuss and hindrance. Lowers the encumbrance penalty for carried items.

Gorth

Post by Gorth » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:17 pm

mahkefel wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:08 pm
Rogues (and treasure hunters even more so) having several abilities that want them to stay light on their feet and their main current mechanics all involving picking up more things, results in a fairly intense anti-synergy. Bags floating around behind the larcenous cad are also a bit unsubtle. An ability to mitigate this somewhat would be useful, I think, something like:

"Practiced Looter": You have practiced how to quickly and expertly pack loose items with a minimum of fuss and hindrance. Lowers the encumbrance penalty for carried items.
I like this. However, I think that maybe this should also go to Rangers, as I love to imagine one of two things. Either a hyper organized survivalist who knows exactly where every tool is...or the opposite, the kind of survivalist who can fit anything in his bag and magically pulls out any tool he needs.
Thus, I think Rangers should also get access to this ability, but rename it to "Packed Tactics," because for some reason I thought that that was minorly clever.

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:37 pm

For rogues in particular, certainly abilities to see into a person's open containers AND specify a particular item to steal would be most excellent (of course limited to lil' items).

Was this a thing on CLOK? I'm ashamed that I'm drawing a blank. *THIEF CARD REVOKED*

And if it isn't possible in COGG yet, the ability to plant fish on someone else. I haven't tried that in ages.