Adventurers' guild hall

Rangers, bards, treasure hunters, rogues - anyone with a love for the adventurous lifestyle beyond the town walls.
nobody

Adventurers' guild hall

Post by nobody » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:16 am

I was contemplating the placement for the adventurer's guild hall and wanted to suggest basing it in New Emberlight. It's got a few things going for it, namely that there are already road signs there, as well as long distance delivery tasks. As a town that gets raided a lot, they might also have a vested interest in encouraging adventurer types from both factions to have some attachment to the place, and a guild hall for such adventurous folks could certainly help.

If New Emberlight isn't the right place for it though, I could also see adventurers laying claim to the abandoned watchtower south of the abandoned village and turning that into a proper guild.

Rias
DEV

Re: Adventurers' guild hall

Post by Rias » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:57 pm

Somewhere up North Balkr Pass is probably the primary candidate for a centralized guild hall, but New Emberlight might work too. I still kind of like the idea of no major central hall for Adventurers, though. Though their town chapters will need some sprucing up so they're not just one room.

Agelity

Re: Adventurers' guild hall

Post by Agelity » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:06 pm

Rias wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:57 pm
Somewhere up North Balkr Pass is probably the primary candidate for a centralized guild hall, but New Emberlight might work too. I still kind of like the idea of no major central hall for Adventurers, though. Though their town chapters will need some sprucing up so they're not just one room.
I kind of like the idea of the adventurers guild having a bunch of different guild halls, and perhaps certain towns being advantageous for certain specializations (the extra cool ranger stuff being in a cabin somewhere, bards being in a wandering troupe that you have to learn about via rumors in taverns, rogues hidden in a town hovel somewhere, treasure hunters also in a town though perhaps a little more above ground that the former...), with quests or some type of task/prompt not dissimilar to the druid initiation quest in order to locate the specialized guild hall. Each location that is accessible to all I imagine would at least have the essentials for any starting adventurer, but specialization specific abilities or unique perks/items accessible in the "specialized" location, however small and quaint (and however many across the world for each).