Guardians and armor versatility

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Candelori

Guardians and armor versatility

Post by Candelori »

I was recently pondering over a possible concept that might expand the Guardian's class focus. We have a clear focus on shields which I very much enjoy, but I wondered if Guardians might also be experts at armor of all kinds and enjoy some versatility there. To that aim, here are some ability suggestions, some of them based on ideas others have put forward in the past:

Armor Versatility: Medium and Armor Versatility: Light. A Guardian might opt to wear Medium or Light armor depending on his circumstance. These abilities will update the Tactics: Guardian bonuses to include reductions to their respective armor class encumbrance checks.

Armored Maneuvers: Medium and Armored Maneuvers: Light. A Guardian with this training knows how to make the best of his Medium or Light-class armor, maneuvering to guide blows to the most protected and durable areas and away from weak spots. Similar but lesser in effect to the Armor Deflection ability.

Armor Fitting: Coverage. The Guardian can adjust the fit of his own or another's armor, giving it a temporary boost to resist Armor Chink. It can be used on Medium and Light armor only if the corresponding Versatility ability has been taken.

Armor Fitting: Comfort. The Guardian can adjust the fit of his own or another's armor, giving it a temporary reduction to Armor Encumbrance checks. It can be used on Medium and Light armor only if the corresponding Versatility ability has been taken.

Armor Fitting: Weight Distribution. The Guardian can adjust the fit of his own or another's armor, giving it a temporary reduction to Weight Encumbrance. It can be used on Medium and Light armor only if the corresponding Versatility ability has been taken.

Armor Fitting: Stealth. The Guardian can adjust the fit of his own or another's armor, giving it a temporary reduction to its Stealth Penalty. It can be used on Medium and Light armor only if the corresponding Versatility ability has been taken.

Note regarding the previous four abilities: Only one type Armor Fitting may be active at a time.

Armor Field Maintenance. Perform minor repairs on a piece of armor without the corresponding crafting knowledge or tools. This can only be done once per item per hour. This does not affect armor that has been damaged beyond well-worn. It is meant as a way to increase the longevity of armor before needing repairs, not as an alternative solution to dedicated skill-based repairs. Requires the target armor class Armor Versatility ability if not Heavy-class.

Armor Gap Knowledge. Increase the passive chance of armor-chink while reducing the chance of being afflicted by armor-chink oneself. For the Guardian who opts for finesse. This ability should be shared with Nightblades and Duelists. Requires the target armor class Armor Versatility ability if not Heavy-class.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.