Guardian/Dreadnought "Into the Fray"

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Karjus

Guardian/Dreadnought "Into the Fray"

Post by Karjus »

A general concept that behaves very differently depending on the class. Could likely be expanded to cover Berserkers as well. For everything below, I'm not sure if they'd be more fun if they just randomly triggered off some other abilities, or it was something you could purposefully proc so put both in.

Guardian
-If a Guardian either blocks a blow, ends up countering one, or manually uses Shield Bash/Shield Charge the ability is triggered. For the next 15 seconds, against the opponent who triggered it they have an increased chance of Stability and Armor Deflection, as well as 1 extra reroll for both offense and defense. Could also immediately refresh cooldown on Shield Bash/Charge, or some other future ability. The ability does have a cooldown.

Dreadnought
-If a Dreadnought either counters an attack, ends up using followup punch, blade catch or mighty blow this ability is triggered. For the next 15 seconds, they end up under the benefit of Inner Strength without the energy cost against that specific opponent while Armor Deflection and Stability also have an increased chance. The ability does have a cooldown.

Dunno. Could probably change a bunch of things around. Could even follow through on the kind of QTE that came through on one of the previous abilities. If the circumstances hit, both Guilds can input a command once they're out of RT within a certain window that gives them a timed buff. It causes RT itself, but minor like feint/circle.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Rias
DEV

Re: Guardian/Dreadnought "Into the Fray"

Post by Rias »

Good ideas, and I think I like the "proc on event" for these. And now I want some kind of synergy move for Dreadnoughts involving both Inner Strength and Blade Catch. Though Guardians are the ones who need more development time at the moment, so that'll go on the wish pile for now.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO