Duelist - Combat Analysis

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Talyn

Duelist - Combat Analysis

Post by Talyn »

With Combat Analysis worked on and giving rerolls as intended in battle for Duelists did a bit of testing. While in battle you receive 1x, 2x, and 3x rerolls while attacking while defending you gain some rerolls for your parry which in return will make your main-gauche/cloak parry trigger more often when they're not on cool down. Main-Gauche also seemed to get a benefit from Combat Analysis as well as I would get 2x reroll with a counter attack.(To be honest I'm not sure if this is Analysis or morale, however, as stated morale rerolls are [1}. Chink also received bonus for Combat Analysis as well I was able to sweep the legs from a target and then chink with 5 rerolls for my offense to their 5 or 6 pushdowns for being prone making it a kill 99% of the time. Rolls tend to not always go in your favor but beside the point.

I think keep Combat Analysis for just basic attacks and defense but lose the bonus from the rest of our abilities. Chink with 2 rerolls seemed to work just fine with killing things without the need of adding three more rerolls to it, the same with main-gauche. It would almost seem as a duelist is more I don't attack you, but my counter attacks will kill you faster then my normal strikes. A dagger getting a lucky crit chink with 3 rerolls also tends to be a instant death for armored users. At least with my little testing so far in Tarueka Town.

This is just my thoughts on Combat Analysis buff I like it but holy molly I feel like a god with it at least in my combat zones at the moment. Granted it's 1v1 for the time being which works. I haven't even tested it's bonus with Side-by-side. I don't want duelists to feel weak but at the same time with how it works now, you're going to kill something or someone in probably two or three rounds of combat, just sweep their legs out and chink a heavy armor foe..that will make any heavy armor user question why use heavy armor if I'm countered that easily. So yeah, keep the 3 rerolls for basic attacks but I don't know if it's really needed for duelist abilities to keep it balanced, Granted I'm willing to hear other suggestions for it also.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias