Stormholdt Berserkers offered guidance in seeking druidic bond

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Rias
DEV

Stormholdt Berserkers offered guidance in seeking druidic bond

Post by Rias »

After reportedly receiving a mysterious visitor with skin covered in deep green tattoos, the Stormholdt Warrior Guild announced that their Berserkers have been offered guidance in seeking druidic bonds, if any are so inclined. It has been emphasized that this is simply an offered opportunity to Berserkers, and is in no way required. Those seeking the druidic bond will need to travel off-site for guidance and training, and will be directed upon inquiry with a Berserker trainer.

==========

Berserkers can now learn the Druidic Bond ability! Like all druids, taking the ability will direct the character where they need to go to start on the path. Note that druidic abilities are discovered out in the wild in locations of primal power, rather than offered by guild hall ability trainers. The abilities are not listed anywhere, but Druids of all origins (Primalists, Rangers, and now Berserkers) are more than welcome to talk to each other about the abilities in-game and share guidance in discovering them. Just be sure not to be over-eager to reveal ability locations, as some druids prefer to seek out the locations themselves without spoilers.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
nobody

Re: Stormholdt Berserkers offered guidance in seeking druidic bond

Post by nobody »

I was going to suggest increasing their meditation cap (like guardians), but I'm not actually sure that is on brand for berserkers. Maybe tier their primary druidry abilities by making them less vicious to berserker sanity?
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

nobody wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:25 am I was going to suggest increasing their meditation cap (like guardians), but I'm not actually sure that is on brand for berserkers. Maybe tier their primary druidry abilities by making them less vicious to berserker sanity?
I think a cool way to handle mental stuff without upping their meditation cap would be a separate tiered ability that bolstered their defenses based off of built of fury, with an increase in efficacy based off of the tier. And specifically for Druidic abilities, perhaps as fury builds up the sanity loss is regenerated/healed/bolstered, with this effect lasting for a few minutes after battle ends.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
nobody

Post by nobody »

Lexx416 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 am I think a cool way to handle mental stuff without upping their meditation cap would be a separate tiered ability that bolstered their defenses based off of built of fury, with an increase in efficacy based off of the tier. And specifically for Druidic abilities, perhaps as fury builds up the sanity loss is regenerated/healed/bolstered, with this effect lasting for a few minutes after battle ends.
Or lean in, have a tiered effect grant more fury based on the total sanity loss/up the fury with each sanity upkeep cost. Because berserkers leaning into the crazy is delicious and juicy!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Meditation is definitely not a Berserker specialty. I'm okay with Berserkers having to struggle more than other druids to balance Sanity maintenance - they're not expected to be using as much druidry and as often in the first place, being the most "minor" Druids of the classes that have access to it.

So I don't plan to give them any means of mitigating sanity issues, but I do think it'd be kind of fun to give them some kind of silver-lining bonus for less sanity to tempt them to toe the line. Maybe Fury can generate quicker with lower sanity, and some kind of berserk rages can be more likely with less sanity, at the risk of spiraling out of control.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Well that all sounds super awesome, and I WAS planning on playing a treasure hunter or a rogue as an alt but now I guess I'm playing a beserker😂

But yeah, giving berserkers boons for sanity loss in combat honestly sounds WAY more fun than mitigating it.

Edited to add: also gives them a reason to visit our physickers more often !
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."