Warrior Guild Tasks

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Wolfman

Warrior Guild Tasks

Post by Wolfman »

Guild task ideas I've been thinking about as I wander the halls of Stormholdt. I'll split them into busy tasks and actual warrior tasks.

First, the busy tasks. Warriors do these as part of their discipline training, and to do their part around the guild hall. You don't get paid for these, but you earn a little experience and guild points.
-Clean stables.
-Weed the garden or Arboretum.
-Organize books in the old library.
-Carry heavy crates to and from the storehouse.
-Polish the religious symbols in the chapel.
-Bring scrap metal items to the smithy to be melted down and reforged. Only low quality or damaged items, this could be a use for looted bad quality gear from enemies.
-Collect dirty dishes from the Great Hall and clean them in the kitchen.

Warrior tasks. These are the tasks that actually utilize your warrior skills.
-Spar. Pit yourself in a practice bout against another guild member (npc). Get better rewards if you win.
-People from all over the Lost Lands post bounties in Stormholdt, home of the Warrior Guild. Collect a bounty on a monster or bandit that is near your level.
-Protect a traveler as they go from Stormholdt to Shadgard.
-Rescue someone who has been taken and held for ransom by bandits.
-Clear out a den of dangerous creatures.
-Go to a village under threat and rally the defenders. Help them escape if needed.
-Go kill a particular type of creature and drag its corpse back to Stormholdt for skinning. Skin it yourself and deliver the skins for extra rewards.
Rias
DEV

Re: Warrior Guild Tasks

Post by Rias »

There are some good ideas in here. To-doed!

P.S. Started a comment here about guild points (and how they don't exist yet) but I'll make a new thread for it.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Talyn

Post by Talyn »

Was talking on chat about a few things and going to up this subject to get seen again. Nightblades can only increase their Sorcery via studying it. While I understand they're not scholars and do not have the copy task. I was thinking for only Nightblades it would be useful for them to have a copy task as well even if it is something more sneaky like where they need to sneak into a room and 'copy' a document of information about sorcery for extra skill points.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

I'm ressing this topic, because it needs to be talked about, because there are still some guilds who have more tasks then us they can complete. Also, without a bank, when you go to Stormholdt to level your skills (since we can't do anything cool in Shadgard anymore) and miscalculate how much money it's going to cost to boost your skills. It's really frustrating to have to then turn around, and go all the way back to Shadgard to get the extra money.

I managed to succeed in getting a little bit of what I needed, but the only task is stables which only pays 100 riln.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Navi

Post by Navi »

I am not trying to argue against tasks or anything, but Dusklamp is also nearby if you need to generate a few hundred riln. HTH
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

True, I'd actually forgot it was right there. It's just not convenient to go murder a bunch of people for like 200 riln, it also feels gamey. (To me, at least.)
This enigma is my hell.

Navi

Post by Navi »

Would it feel any less gamey if one of their tasks was like, hey go kill 5 infested sporeman in Dusklamp for some riln and experience?
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

To be honest? Actually no. Bounty Tasks would be really cool. Because at least I'd have an IC reason to go murder things, without feeling like I'm just doing it for the loot and XP.
This enigma is my hell.

Talyn

Post by Talyn »

Tasks are fun, they can provide an IC reason WHY you're doing things. However, I do think it's in the pipeline for Societies to have tasks like this. A Wyrvardn tasked to cull bandits at the forth, or perhaps thin out blood cultists some where else. From what I've gathered of guild or town tasking is that it is more of a benefit of the guild/town. Library asks for recorded documents, you're cleaning stables, lamps, or snow. Warriors while I want culling tasks, I don't think need them if Societies are going to later on. Granted, not Rias and he gets final say. Just pointing out what I heard a while back and as all of us know, things are always bound to change.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Onasaki wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:27 am because there are still some guilds who have more tasks then us they can complete.

I'm not really against more tasks for the guilds in general, but there's only one guild with more tasks than the Warriors - the Scholars. And since the Scholars aren't necessarily intended to be combatants, I think this is pretty fair for now (letting them have non-combat options for progression) seeing as Warriors have plenty of options out there for exp and riln generation that are relevant to the guild.

I'd love to see more tasks for all the guilds, but I think that's a longer term thing that should probably come once the game is a bit more fleshed out (and once the Adventurer's Guild actually has their own guild hall).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."