Duelist ability: Combat Analysis

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Rias
DEV

Duelist ability: Combat Analysis

Post by Rias »

Duelists now have the Combat Analysis ability! See it on the wiki or type HELP COMBAT ANALYSIS in-game, or just check it out at your trainer if you're a Duelist.

I'm excited for this one, though it isn't flashy, and is passive. But it will hopefully work in conveying what I think is a foundational aspect of the Duelist style, which is observing their opponents and adapting to best combat them. What this is essentially going to boil down to is that the longer you're in a fight with a Duelist, the better advantage that Duelist is going to have over you (through increased rerolls and armor chink chances) - because they're watching and analyzing every move you make, both when you attack and when you defend, and they're adapting to your form and exploiting the flaws and openings they find. So you'll want to either take them down quick or get out of there and come back later after they've forgotten their in-the-moment analysis and you can meet them on more even footing again.

So, this is one of those things that could be really overpowered or really underpowered. I've always admitted that number crunching isn't my strong suit, so I'd appreciate as much feedback as I can get as people get a feel for this setup.

P.S. The bonuses apply to any roll that involves dodge, block, or parry. So it's very widely applicable, not just for basic attacks.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO