The Bunks

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Frisbee

The Bunks

Post by Frisbee »

Okay, I would like to preface this by apologising for making a whole new topic for just this small thing, but I think it's important, or semi-important.

In the Warriors Guild in Shadgard, there's this location which is supposedly a communal sleeping space. Here is the description of the room in question.

While almostly certainly not preferable to a private inn room - let alone a home - members of the Warrior's Guild are offered free lodging in this spacious communal bunkhouse. There seems to be little rhyme or reason to the simple accommodations here, with a mixture of cots and bedrolls set wherever they can fit, and an assortment of hammocks hanging from the rafters and support beams higher up. Set into the east wall is a narrow pine door, a sign next to it stating in Common: "BATHS"
So, from reading this, I'd assume there are a lot of bedrolls, hammocks etc in that particular room, however the only actual interactable piece of furniture you can lie on is a cot. One single cot, which does not grant the morale boost you'd normally get from sleeping in beds and such, at least as far as I've observed.

I was wondering: First of all, is this intentional? If so, is there any particular reason why this room is designed in that way? If not, would it be easy enough to make it so the cots, hammocks and bedrolls work kind of like the chairs do in the Hearth and Home, or the stools at the weavers workshop, for example? Secondly, isn't it reasonable enough for a character's morale to get boosted by sleeping in that particular space? I mean, sure it's a public place, but the beds should be at least somewhat comfortable. Better than sleeping out in the street, or whatever.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Rias
DEV

Re: The Bunks

Post by Rias »

Good catch - I've added the hammocks and bedrolls to the bunk area, and the cot now blends in as a description item rather than just showing as a single cot in the area. They won't be providing morale bonuses though, as the area is there for flavor, and it's a busy, noisy, stuffy, likely-smelly area filled with boisterous warriors and with no semblance of privacy at all, with not-especially-comfortable cots/bedrolls/hammocks that aren't going to compare to a nice bed. The comfy sleep morale bonus is a big bonus for the paid inn rooms, and I wouldn't want to diminish that.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

That's more than fair enough! Still, thanks for changing that up.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Rias wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:17 pm Good catch - I've added the hammocks and bedrolls to the bunk area, and the cot now blends in as a description item rather than just showing as a single cot in the area. They won't be providing morale bonuses though, as the area is there for flavor, and it's a busy, noisy, stuffy, likely-smelly area filled with boisterous warriors and with no semblance of privacy at all, with not-especially-comfortable cots/bedrolls/hammocks that aren't going to compare to a nice bed. The comfy sleep morale bonus is a big bonus for the paid inn rooms, and I wouldn't want to diminish that.
We most certainly clean ourselves religiously.
Whether that's for the increased chances for an extra combat rerole is just...an offensive suggestion!
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.