Class Roles Warriors and Adventurers

General discussion of Guilds that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Talyn

Class Roles Warriors and Adventurers

Post by Talyn »

If this is in the wrong spot I can repost this else where.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I do wish to discuss this but I've been thinking of the classes and how they come into play. Looking over both the Adventurers guild and the Warriors guild (Sorry scholors not part of the cool kids). I was thinking about combat and roles. In the Adventurers guild each class is set up I think well enough to hold it's roll within what it does.
  • Bards are your semi melee fighters who can buff/debuff party members quite well. They are not as strong as warriors but they could hold their own with assistance
  • Rangers are your back row fighters shooting arrows and being your scouts, they set up trails and so forth. With that said they do not have to only be archers they could also do melee but won't be overly effective compared to warriors.
  • Now the confusing clearly comes down to Rogues/Treasure hunters because the way I see it both classes hold the same role, Locksmithing and traps for the party.
Now with working in a group this works, they hold a role and do the job well and each class is works differently well sort of, we all work to kill something but how we do it is slightly different.
  • Nightblades, Starting them them first because right now the way I view them they're just a warrior rogue, they work. They sneak, they ambush, and it kills. I'm sure rolls change the outcome to that from time to time but that's the jist of that class mechanically from how I view it. They have a few things they can do to assist with that working with Sorcery and the arcana to get major stealth buffs but in a role position they are a single target I'm deleting it guy and quickly rushing back to the shadows.
  • Duelist, they're fun they are definitely a longer I fight, better I'm going to be fighter. In a party they are the ones that should be tying up probably the more difficult target and keeping them busy as they get better through out the combat as they should be. Distract them so that others (Nightblades) can delete them if the Duelist doesn't finish the job to begin with.
  • Dreadnoughts, I haven't played one, in theory they are please hit me I'm going to hit you more, but that's it. In a group role they would what? Take place of a tank? Please come hit me I'm going to hit you, I use a two handed weapon and can dish out a bunch of damage as well.
  • Marauders, again haven't played but looking at them on paper the thoughts I have with them is, they are your crowd control warriors or should be, they should be the ones able to stun/stagger/ or knockdown targets with their dirty fighting. Maybe not dish out a huge amount of damage but with dirty tricks (Assuming here) they could dirtkick, trip, foots tomp, headbutt or something that would change the flow of combat for the party
  • Berserkers, oh man where to start with these guys. They're fun but in a role, they could be a Damage character or even really a Tanky character. With Fury they hit harder not sure if they lose defense(They're suppose to) with it, but the more hits they take they harder they hit. However, with Druidry they can heal their self with Vitality, other druid secrets, and they can wear up to medium armor. Making them versatile in roles for damage or tank.
  • Guardians, right now they're suppose to be the tank of party, they specialize in guarding people and using their shield as a really good weapon. That's their role, Tanking the hits.
But in this right now, for warriors you have Three classes that could in theory be the tank of the party, Dreadnought, Guardian, or Berserker. Which in an online game is not a bad thing since it adds diversity to groups. Though roles make it worth while for a party and how it functions. This is also not set in stone since later Societies will change things I'm sure with how different the world will become. Just class wise this is what I've come up with. Granted it's from reading the Wiki and viewing it from game. I guess the question is how are we doing roles in group systems. Is it a normal online game view of Healer/Damage dealer/ Tank? Honestly, sitting back thinking of abilities and I'm like but the issue here is it is the same for this class or that class. Will one warrior class be able to buff the party as well? Does it feel balanced on paper with how the classes are suppose to be, I'm not including the fact come classes don't have a bunch of abilities yet, compared to some others who have 17+ abilities.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias