On hidden, exploration-discoverable abilities

General discussion of Guilds that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Rias
DEV

On hidden, exploration-discoverable abilities

Post by Rias »

There are currently a few abilities that druids need to explore and find specific locations for in order to learn. I intend to do this with other abilities as well, not limiting it only to druidic ones. While there is no rule forbidding the sharing of these locations with others, I do hope people will help respect the spirit of their being discoverable in the first place by not just talking about or listing them publicly. Ideally one would give hints or guidance to a specific individual who is also seeking to learn these abilities. And I'm sure there will be some who prefer to first try and explore to find them completely on their own.

So please, don't publicly discuss or post locations for these exploration-discoverable abilities. Helping others out on an individual basis via in-character means: go for it. But also keep in mind that some might consider this information spoilery and prefer to make discoveries on their own, so always confirm that the person actually wants to be given guidance or have the location told to them before you reveal the locations to them.

P.S. This hasn't been an issue with anyone so far, as far as I'm aware. I just thought I'd preemptively address this.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
stratcat

Re: On hidden, exploration-discoverable abilities

Post by stratcat »

Would it be possible to add some extra echo to those rooms to attract the attention of the player, so long as they're the relevant class? Something like:

Code: Select all

Upon entering, you get the vague sense of a strange, primal presence watching over the area.
It can be a little easy to miss the (Abilities) flag, and I feel like it would be a shame for a player to find one of those rooms and never even realize it. Hell, I've done it.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've added an extra little line of text that should be difficult for druids to miss. You do have to actually be in the room and not just peering in though, so don't cut corners when searching for druidic abilities!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

What's the best way to deliver feedback about hidden abilities in the world, without giving out spoilers/too many OOC hints? I have thoughts on the ones I have, but it's hard to pass them along currently!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."