Soap

A mining settlement and haven for freedom-seeking exiles, recently beginning to embrace gas and steam technologies.
Avedri

Soap

Post by Avedri »

So I know it's not really a priority for most Shadgardians not to smell like horse patoot but it came to my attention that the only soap available in the bathhouse is lavender soap. Which is fine but maybe some of the locals might be more enticed if there was just a clean smelling goat's milk soap. Or a woodsy cedar soap. And while we're at it why not a juniper berry soap.

Thanks!
Rias
DEV

Re: Soap

Post by Rias »

The Avery Bathhouse is pleased to announce that they've added cedar, pine, and juniper-berry soaps to their stock! Now for the bad news: Their stock of imported lavender is running low, and will eventually no longer be available. If you've got a thing for smelling of lavender, stock up now!

==========

Lavender was the default soap item scent, but it's not a local resource. Now that we've got some more area-appropriate soaps in there, I'll be removing the lavender one eventually. Happy to hear any other suggested scents based on resources people have seen around the Shadgard area, though.

P.S. I'll add an unscented soap soon(tm), but that'll take some slight codework to get the phrasing to show up correctly.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
nobody

Post by nobody »

If it saves you some code work, I'll point out that the lye soap in Stormholdt is already unscented.
nobody

Post by nobody »

And now that I have some more time, some proper suggestions:
Emberberries would be a classic scent for Shadgard
There are absolutely enough apiculturists to have honey scented soap
And mournbloom seems like a fun option that might be a little more pricey since one must properly leave Shadgard to find it, even though it is close by.

And for that other exotic soap shop that isn't Stormholdt:
xicamatl for a nice earthy scent
thimbleberry, salmonberry, or spineleaf scent would feel appropriate
a mild-scented, golden-colored falling star soap would be a fun one
and last, a very expensive bugle/hedgenettle scented soap as a subtle scent that is fresh or herbal - because it's such a nuisance to harvest, refine the scent, and make the soap of such a quality that its user doesn't become itchy.