Two Falls Mine

Discussion regarding the various areas out there.
Rias
DEV

Two Falls Mine

Post by Rias »

The Two Falls Mine has been opened to serve as a place for miners to procure iron ore. It has some mild dangers within, so miners should be on their guard. The bridge near the east end of the Old Kaldrgate Highway has been repaired, so that's a hint as to which direction to head when looking for this mine.

The rooms aren't described yet, sorry. Wanted to get an iron mine released quick for any aspiring metalworkers.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Shaula

Re: Two Falls Mine

Post by Shaula »

Does it matter which room we mine in? Should I be looking for rooms with more plentiful iron or are they all the same? So far I've just gotten barren limestone.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It -can- matter which room, but currently all the mineable rooms are the same. I do think I want it to eventually have some kind of cooldown per room so that people are encouraged to move around instead of just mining in the same spot all the time.

I've just looked and you will indeed get iron eventually, you just have to go through all the barren stone to find that iron vein. Once you exhaust that vein, it's back to barren stone until you find another. Feel free to provide feedback if it feels like it's taking frustratingly long after you've had at it for a while - we're still very much in the numbers-tweaking stage.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Shaula

Post by Shaula »

I've mined until I was too tired to continue 5 times so far and no sign of iron. It's easier to hunt and loot koblynaus, I've gotten 3 iron ores from them so far.

And, of course, I finally mined an iron ore while writing this. But I'd say it's pretty frustrating to get started on forging when it takes more than 5 whole rests just to get some ore.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Okay, I'll fiddle with the numbers a little, and maybe make it less dependent on the RNG but introduce the cooldown thing instead. Stay tuned!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO