Snowbird Festival!

General discussion of in-game events.
Bonehead

Snowbird Festival!

Post by Bonehead »

Some of us may have been around to hear the story of Ommin-Di the Snowbird from the Old woman on the plains. Well, with the decrease in temperature, the withering of crops not used to the cold, and the increase of frostbite cases, I reckon it's time to remember Ommin-Di, and ask for her mercy and to shelter us from the worst of the Cold! There sill be blankets, fires to keep us warm, food to eat, and fun!

When - Novum the 2nd, 7 bells post-zenith (Same time we had the community meeting)

What - Snowbird Festival

Keep an eye on the Town Boards for more info!
Wut?
Rias
DEV

Re: Snowbird Festival!

Post by Rias »

I'm really happy that this is happening! It'd be awesome if this became a new tradition.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Thanks for everyone who attended. I hope you had fun, I know I did!
Wut?
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Sorry I missed but hope everyone had fun.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've been ridiculously busy at work with a big deadline and the ensuing post-deadline aftermath, so it was nice to take some time to observe this little player-run event. GM Rilulth was kind enough to pop by as an NPC and add a nice little touch, which was awesome of her! I'm glad I've got some GMs to do things like that even when I myself am swamped.

Special thanks to Hoss for organizing this. It means more to me than he may know. The tale of Ommin-Di holds a special place in my heart for various reasons, and it really makes me glad to see it being passed on and having a remembrance event organized around it.

Special thanks also to Fenn, who did an incredible job retelling the story. I loved seeing her tell it in her own words, with added actions and comments and personal thoughts in there. She certainly earned her Bard Cred by me!

It may have seemed like a fairly simple event to some, but it really did fill me with some profound joy. So thank you to everyone involved, both those throwing the event and those attending to listen and show interest.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO