The Tale of Ommin-Di the Snowbird: an ancient local legend revealed

General discussion of in-game events.
Rias
DEV

The Tale of Ommin-Di the Snowbird: an ancient local legend revealed

Post by Rias »

Word has been spreading around Shadgard that an old woman, rumored to be the last of a forgotten bloodline native to the Bluestem Plains region, will soon be passing on one of her people's legends: The Tale of Ommin-Di the Snowbird. It is being said that all are invited to gather around her campfire for this telling, as she wishes for some of the lore of her people to live on in their absence.

==========

This will be a short and small lore-reveal event, but it's lore that's important to me, and quite unique being from Shadgard's own home region of the Bluestem Plains and unrelated to the Kingdom of Aetgard. It's an opportunity for players to learn something that didn't just come from perusing a book (or the wiki) at one's own leisure or studying at the library, and to say that they were there when it was passed on. Maybe some will take it upon themselves to preserve and share this lore by retelling it to others, writing it down to be eventually submitted to the library, and that kind of thing.

Anyone interested, please let me know what time would work best. I'm hoping to do this sometime over this weekend.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Karjus

Re: The Tale of Ommin-Di the Snowbird: an ancient local legend revealed

Post by Karjus »

Interested! I realize though I have a wildly different timezone to other people.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Navi

Post by Navi »

Oooh, snowbird! And the bluestem people! I'm going to work hard so that I'm completely free by tomorrow, though I'll likely still be around. Sunday will be free for me mostly during the morning, if not the whole day entirely.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

I'm EST. When I arrange meetings, I try to aim for afternoons/evenings to maximum effect
Wut?
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

I suppose to hammer down a time, for me a best would likely be Saturday in the afternoon game-time. Evenings would be stupid late for me.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Agelity

Post by Agelity »

Saturday afternoon would probably be best for me as well, if I had an option. Sunday afternoon and evening will be a bit of a tossup, but I can certainly aim to be flexible.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

All right, let's say a tentative Saturday (tomorrow) 12:00 MST time. Depending on how something goes today, may have to postpone, though.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Arphaxad

Post by Arphaxad »

Just FYI,

Sunday is Mother's Day for us upstart colonials. I would hate to have anyone's overexuberance imperil their time with the mothers in their lives. It sounds like a great opportunity to get some of the awesome lore!

Arphaxad
Merely a shade from the past...
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

That's a good point. I don't want to interfere with stuff or add to preparation/scheduling stress, so let's postpone til next Saturday instead, if that works for those interested.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Navi

Post by Navi »

Works for me. :) Looking forward to it.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again