Summer is around the corner...

General discussion of in-game events.
Rilulth

Summer is around the corner...

Post by Rilulth »

Several wagons have been seen trundling down the roads. More elaborate than usual, it seems. Hushed talk in inns and taverns speak of merchants gathering to trade wares amongst each other and an increase of bandits and Liberi have been seen on the roads.

Just north of Emberlight the gathering took place. Wares were exchanged and deals were made. All that is now left is to restructure and open to the public the Khaldean Summer Festival, scheduled for post-zenith on Citisday, May 28th! We hope to see you there with your coinpurses and riln!

tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
Lexx416

Re: Summer is around the corner...

Post by Lexx416 »

Is the festival going to be one day only, or is it going to be around for a little bit?
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

It'll be around for a while. Similar to the Octum Festival.
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

P.S. The shops will indeed be accepting notes, so no need to haul piles of riln.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
saladbowl

Post by saladbowl »

Rias wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:51 am P.S. The shops will indeed be accepting notes, so no need to haul piles of riln.
Lifesaver
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

I can see people are getting excited, so I'll just let you all know here that I won't be opening the festival until at least after today's voice chat! We're still fine tuning little bits, as always happens when you thing you're ready to go, then realise you forgot 500 things!
tulpa —
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

The festival is great! Thanks to the staff for all their hard work. :D
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Seconded! Everything is amazing, especially the clothes! Who'd have thought my character would fancy herself up so much. But she did, because Khaldian is too stylish for anyone to resist!

Anyway, thank you to the wonderful staff for all your incredible work. I hope everyone is having a lot of fun with the festival.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

I'm absolutely loving the festival! I love the food. And the soap! The tabards are awesome. I'M STOCKING UP ON BALL-AND-CHAINS. Omg those clothes. The clockwork toys! I also love the [redacted] I got just for a Cerise flex because WHY NOT.

Thank you guys for all of the hard work that clearly went into this!
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Rilulth was the one to take this festival idea and run with it, so major kudos to her! She took the initiative and led the rest of the team in making it happen. All I did was put in one shop as I seem to have a tradition of being largely uninvolved with the Khaldean (old times: Grum) festival, so I wanted to make sure credit was given where it was due. COGG has an awesome GM team and I'm incredibly grateful for them!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO