Upgrade to a Current Ability's Funtionality/Animal based Stealth Detection

Communion with primal forces associated with animals, plants, and the very world itself.
Spidercat

Upgrade to a Current Ability's Funtionality/Animal based Stealth Detection

Post by Spidercat »

Hello!

So, for an idea on an ability due to some of the recent additions to sneaky shadey stuff put in, I noticed there was already one with the perfect name for the ability as well as theme. Currently, it doesn't seem to do much outside of some passive Rp benefits from what I've been able to play with. As well, a slight buff to detects, especially when dogs/sentry animals manage to spot a person doing something.

That being a dead giveaway which ability we're referencing, would it be that far off to have an ability that grants the agressive paranoia of dogs when encountering people surprising them when sneaking around or doing thiefy things to others? Agressive paranoia being an active urge to point out and alert people of the potentially unfriendly act to everyone in the room (barking may or may not be optional). However, the type of mindset this would involve and maintain should require a highish sanity cost to recast, so a primalist casting this constantly to deal with sneaky folks long term can find themselves losing their minds quickly.

Don't think a perception boost is warranted, even if it would be nice. Just being able to serve as sentry for people in dangerous stealth areas as well as pointing out that person is pickpocketing someone by unconciously shouting at them would be helpful. I've had too many situations where I didn't notice a certain mob sneak in, for them to shank someone to death seconds later. As well as situations, where I spotted a thief palming something, but it got lost in all the spam while folks were talking.

And yes, that one ability has the perfect name already in the game. Might as well add it onto that just for the animal most known to do this.

As a companion to this, animals like dogs who have a habbit of pointing out people with lots of happy barking really should result in a surprise rt, which this ability would mimic. unlike just being spotted by a person, it's more so being spotted and startled by the alarms going off. Or getting startled when a dog you didn't notice while walking on the sidewalk starts to hollar at you.