Druidry Rituals

Communion with the spirits of animals, plants, and the very world itself.
Lexx416

Re: Druidry Rituals

Post by Lexx416 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:08 pm

Probably not something that's, strictly speaking, super useful, but an ability that makes trees in an area resistant to logging, making them tougher to cut down would be pretty neat for those that want to tend and protect areas.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."

tulpa

Post by tulpa » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:49 am

I'm not sure how this would be implemented, but I've been thinking about a will-o-the-wisp "familiar" that could draw prospective opponents within a combat area to the druid's location, or draw them away, perhaps by toggling a combat stance for it.

EDIT: Thinking about it more, it would make sense for swamp/marshes in particular (unless it was a generic but similar kind of primal spirit), and there would be a sanity drain eventually increasing to unmanageable levels as the will-o'-the-wisp remained in effect.

yet another edit: Perhaps it could also/otherwise be used to blaze a temporary trail through the wilderness, with a less severe drain on sanity but relatively short duration.

Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:32 pm

tulpa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:49 am
I'm not sure how this would be implemented, but I've been thinking about a will-o-the-wisp "familiar" that could draw prospective opponents within a combat area to the druid's location, or draw them away, perhaps by toggling a combat stance for it.

EDIT: Thinking about it more, it would make sense for swamp/marshes in particular (unless it was a generic but similar kind of primal spirit), and there would be a sanity drain eventually increasing to unmanageable levels as the will-o'-the-wisp remained in effect.

yet another edit: Perhaps it could also/otherwise be used to blaze a temporary trail through the wilderness, with a less severe drain on sanity but relatively short duration.
I absolutely love this idea, and I've been trying to think of some good suggestions for it. I love the idea of a will-o-wisp "pet" like that being potentially a detriment to anyone NOT in a Druid's group. I think in terms of what the Will-o-Wisp pet should do is a big harder to nail down exactly, but I love the idea of them inducing a little bit of RT as they distract people, float around people's heads, or forces people to target someone other than the Druid when performing actions like stealing or attacking or casting an ability (even a beneficial one).

Additional ritual idea: a way to deal with disease! I don't think Druids should get the ability to CURE diseases, so that physickers don't get their toes stepped on too much. But I think it would be great if there was an ability to let a druid transfer a disease they currently have onto another target - animals only, or other Druids. I think this should be a one way street, Druid to Target, except for Primalists. I think Primalists, at 400 Druidry, should be able to transfer diseases between targets (including themselves), as well as be able to transfer diseases AWAY from non-druids, but not INTO them.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."