Enhanching Tracking through Sorcery and Blood

The harnessing and manipulation of nether.
Lexx416

Enhanching Tracking through Sorcery and Blood

Post by Lexx416 »

Just a rough idea that was inspired by chit-chat with Talyn and Elrond on the discord. It'd be nice if there was an ability that let you place a marker in someone's blood using a specially prepared knife or needle- either willingly (much like the blood collection for Blood Signature), or by attacking with the specific implement. I'd probably have it be a short ritual that needs to be readied ahead of time, similar to the Shadow Familiar spell.

Once that marker is in a target (they shouldn't know it's in there inherently - which is why I lean towards a specially prepared knife, just have it so that the special preparations don't make the knife indistinguishable from a normal knife, dagger, stiletto, etc.), when channeling sorcery and using the TRACK command, you get a message in the room that lets you specifically track that target.

I would have it so you can only have one Marker out on someone at a time, I'd have the duration of the market be dependent on the sorcery skill, with a baseline of like 30-60 minutes, and I'd have it be available to both the Warlock class and the Nightblade class. I could see it being used by folks as an insurance policy (ex - "Here, keep an eye on my blood, so you can follow me if they take me prisoner!") or, obviously, for tracking down targets that have gotten away.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."