Feedback to Sorcery Skill

The harnessing and manipulation of nether.
Midnight

Feedback to Sorcery Skill

Post by Midnight »

Hello,

I just started playing Cogg and I think it is amazing and has such great potential. I started playing the warlock class and it was a lot of fun at first. But after I got some experience and all the abilities, I feel almost like the character has hit a wall.

The main reason is, that I do not see any benefit or motivation to increase the sorcery skill.

To my understanding, the skill will allow for more open sorcery channels, but the draining is not sustainable for more than one channel anyways. It also allows for longer durations of spells like shadow cloak, but it is easy enough to just cast them again at low skill. So now it feels like I am left with training ranged combat, which is fine, but why play a warlock then?

I think there should be a high motivation and big benefit to increase the sorcery skill to 700.

A straight forward solution could be to scale the damage factor with sorcery skill.
Or to decrease the drain for open channels with higher sorcery skill.
I also think that the skill cap for ranged combat should be 700, as it is the basis for combat with sorcery.

Hope you can consider this feedback and perhaps also describe other motivations or benefits of a high sorcery skill, which I might have missed. Or other benefits of the sorcery skill which will be implemented in the future.

Thank and kind regards,
Midnight