Nether-oozing fist

The harnessing and manipulation of nether.
Rias
DEV

Nether-oozing fist

Post by Rias »

Unarmed attacks while channeling sorcery will now be "nether-oozing fist" attacks like various nethrim use, doing some nether damage on top of the bludgeon damage. Do note that this is mostly a fun flavor thing. Potentially useful for those occasions when you're somehow caught without a weapon, but you're still generally going to be better off using an actual weapon in hand. Someone just suggested this, and I thought it would indeed be a nice touch, so here it is.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Acarin

Re: Nether-oozing fist

Post by Acarin »

Any chance that this could be added for small non-ferrous weapons as well. I was thinking maybe a sorcery ability to strength the effect as well (down the line). This might help to make smaller weapons more functional with a small damage boost at the cost of energy from channeling (for those that use them). It could also lead to cool abilities like "nether injection" which could cause an additional burst of damage to a pierced area after a few seconds following a strike (as the nether breaks down the tissue that it has been pushed into). Not sure how will this fits with the lore though...

I can see medium, large, and huge weapons being too large to do this with since the nether during channeling appears to be focused around the hands and assume it would take additional control to spread it out... but might be a cool benefit of sorcery to allow this with up to large melee weapons at high sorcery skill (meaning at a cut of 300 or so, can do medium weapons and large for 600 or 700).
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
Roundtime: 5 seconds.