Small blades and ambushing

The place to discuss combat gear.
Rias
DEV

Small blades and ambushing

Post by Rias »

Small blades (dagger-type weapons, and to a lesser extent the humble shortsword) are now considered ambush-ideal weapons, meaning:

1. They do some extra damage when used for an ambush attack (attacking from hiding).
2. They will always do Pierce damage when ambushing, which should make them that much more useful for deadly Armor Chink attacks from hiding.

You can EXAMINE the weapons to see their ambush bonus damage.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Navi

Re: Small blades and ambushing

Post by Navi »

I have been playing stealthy nethrim hunters for a while now, and one of the biggest drawbacks of this concept is not being able to really capitalize on the small blade ambush bonuses because of some nethrim's natural resistance to certain damage types. I.E. piercing damage against skeletons. One of my favorite tools and weapons are hatchets, and I would not think it unreasonable to give them ambush bonus damage, similar to the short sword's rating. This adds some more diversity to stealthy combatants, and increases their effectiveness in these situations. I'd love to know what Rias has to say, as well as anyone else who wants to share their opinion. I don't really see this impacting too much outside of nethrim engagements.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Gorth

Re: Small blades and ambushing

Post by Gorth »

This could be neat. I've not played with the Ambush system enough to give enough feedback, but I don't see some of the less common, smaller weapons getting ambush damage bonuses as a huge game changer.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.