Weapon Damage Factors

The place to discuss combat gear.
Karjus

Re: Weapon Damage Factors

Post by Karjus »

Pendulum wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:36 pm I wonder if anyone tested for all the energy cost factors for each weapon, too.
I don't keep a record of that data myself, but that is relatively easy to test if you're curious yourself.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Updated to include Charge and Ambush factors. Both are multiplicative, not additive. Possible they are additive to each other, but impossible to test.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
jerc

Post by jerc »

Did some more testing:

Daggers hurl for 0.93 pierce and 1.06 slash.

Both of these are 25% higher than its melee DF's, so we can conclude that hurling acts like another bonus. Looking at the other data for hurled weapons, 25% fits all except for the javelin, which gets a 50% bonus. Not sure if any other hurled weapons are capable of dealing slash damage, but I would guess they follow the same pattern as with daggers where the slash bonus is applied before the hurled bonus.

Also tested throwing shards: 0.41 for both hack and pierce. That's after any material sharpness and hurled bonuses, but since they're only available in flint and can't be used in melee, that's sort of moot.

Update:
Also did some math to figure out how this interacts with the slash and keen bonuses:
I hit for 128 with a hurled keen bronze dagger, 127 with a hurled keen iron dagger.
128 = (0.75 + 0.1 slash bonus) * (1 + 0.2 keen + 0.01 sharpness) * (1 + 0.25 hurled)
127 = (0.75 + 0.1 slash bonus) * (1 + 0.2 keen) * (1 + 0.25 hurled)
So the hurled bonus is either in the same group as the "attack type" bonuses (charge, ambush, etc.), or perhaps another altogether. More testing still needed.
Maina

Post by Maina »

DF for cold damage for Nether with three channels seems to be 0.5. Hard to get a 100% confidence on that, since it only sometimes shows up, but I'm confident enough that it could probably be added to the list.
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

I couldn't find cudgel or shillelagh anywhere in the above tables, so I tested them both myself just now.

Turns out, they do the same

cudgel 59 / 70 when 2-handed
shillelagh 59 / 70 when 2-handed
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney