Throwing Knives and Multi-Throw

For combat stuff that doesn't fit into any of the other forums.
Rias
DEV

Throwing Knives and Multi-Throw

Post by Rias »

People who are into throwing lots of small sharp pointy things, rejoice!

1. Throwing-knives are now up for sale in Shadgard smithy and the Stormholdt armory. They're only copper, but:

2. Throwing-knives can now be crafted via Metalworking.

3. The Multi-Throw ability is now available to Duelists, Marauders, Nightblades, and all Adventurer classes. Right now it only works with throwing-knives. How it works is that an applicable hurled weapon type can be hurled up to X extra times per single attack. It will search a character's hurl container automatically. Each additional hurl chance has an increasingly difficult Ranged skilll check that must be passed. So people with higher skill will be getting more throws and more often.

I admit I did very little in the way of balance testing, so I'm going to need feedback on how multi-throw with throwing knives feels - whether it feels viable, underpowered, overpowered, etc.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: Throwing Knives and Multi-Throw

Post by Rias »

P.S. Weapons that can be used with multi-throw will note as much when EXAMINEd. Again, only throwing-knives work with it at the moment, but I'm sure that'll be useful info in the future.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Fall

Post by Fall »

This is a dream! Can we get some knife bandoliers?
You notice ((DEV Rias)) reaching discreetly into your crude threadbare wool pants! Seeing your attention, he quickly withdraws his hand.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Oh good. Now we can all live out our dreams about being ninjas...
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
Roundtime: 5 seconds.