Ranged combat

For combat stuff that doesn't fit into any of the other forums.
Rias
DEV

Re: Ranged combat

Post by Rias »

I've been excited to work on traps for a long time, but I do want to make sure that pure ranged combatants can get by okay without having to rely heavily on another skill like Stealth or Bushcraft.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

Thinking about the idea of rapidly throwing a bunch of knives sounds really cool, and I might have to change my build around it if it becomes viable...
Fall

Post by Fall »

I'm really into this throwing knives idea too.
You notice ((DEV Rias)) reaching discreetly into your crude threadbare wool pants! Seeing your attention, he quickly withdraws his hand.
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

I have a few general questions about ranged in it's current form - mostly to do with the throwing-knife addition:

1) Does something like armor chink apply when using arrows? (This is probably answered somewhere but I didn't see it. I know I suggested it as a possible ability earlier in the thread).
2) Do thrown knives have armor chink benefit?
3) Is there some kind of throwing-knife container that keeps them safe from sticky fingers but still be open (or are these exempt)?
4) Is there a limit on how many knives get thrown per multi-throw? I think the post explains that it might go up by skill, but is there some range and cap to how many get thrown at a time?
5) What would you say is a reasonable amount of knives to carry on you for using in such a manner without going overboard or carrying around too much weight?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

1) Does something like armor chink apply when using arrows? (This is probably answered somewhere but I didn't see it. I know I suggested it as a possible ability earlier in the thread).
Nope. Might be a nifty ability.
2) Do thrown knives have armor chink benefit?
See above.
3) Is there some kind of throwing-knife container that keeps them safe from sticky fingers but still be open (or are these exempt)?
No container is innately theft-proof.
4) Is there a limit on how many knives get thrown per multi-throw? I think the post explains that it might go up by skill, but is there some range and cap to how many get thrown at a time?

EXAMINing a thrown weapon will show the maximum possible.
5) What would you say is a reasonable amount of knives to carry on you for using in such a manner without going overboard or carrying around too much weight?
They're pretty small, so I could see people carrying quite a few. This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for though, so let me know what your experiences are like. I'm not sure what you mean by asking my thoughts on what "too much weight" would be - there are encumbrance mechanics in place already that should help you gauge that for yourself, right?
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO