Dirtkick updates

For combat stuff that doesn't fit into any of the other forums.
Rias
DEV

Dirtkick updates

Post by Rias »

Dirtkick has been updated. First and most importantly - it actually works again. So that's good. I also added a cooldown, which might make some people sad, but I want to avoid stunlocking.

The niftiest update, though, is that one can now use this same ability to throw (rather than kick) applicable stuff if they have a free off-hand, for a significant boost to offense rerolls (and hence chances of success). This means you have to have at least one free hand (the off-hand used to wield twohanders does apply, so yay for twohanders), and you have to have a dirt-throw-able item on your person somewhere. Throwable items currently include sand, ash, and dirt. The command is the same - it automatically searches for throwable dirt-like items before falling back on a kick from the ground. I'll probably eventually make it so you can't dirtkick in areas that wouldn't necessarily have piles of convenient dirt or dust or the like around, like inside occupied buildings and whatnot.

Sand and ash can be acquired in the usual manners. It is now also possible to GET DIRT or DIG DIRT in dirt/grass environments.

The ability is now available to Marauders and all Adventurer classes, in addition to Nightblades who previously enjoyed exclusive access (because I forgot to remove it while it was broken).
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Didomenico

Re: Dirtkick updates

Post by Didomenico »

I appreciate the cooldown as much as I liked stunlocking. Hated being stunlocked, of course. haha