Yet Another Combat Update (YACU)

For combat stuff that doesn't fit into any of the other forums.
Rias
DEV

Yet Another Combat Update (YACU)

Post by Rias »

Edit: **** NOTE!! The info in this thread is now obsolete. ****

More combat updates:

Stance's effect on rolls now only affects the "base 100" for the rolls.
So at 100 Melee skill, Defense stance would give you a Parry of 200 and a Melee of 100 (0+d100). Offense stance would give you Parry of 100 and Melee of 200 (100+d100).
And at 500 Melee skill: Defense stance would give you a Parry of 600 and Melee of 500 (400+d100). Offense stance would give you Parry of 500 and Melee of 600 (500+d100).

I'm honestly not completely happy with it, but I think it's better than the brokenness I was trying before, so I think it's a step in the right direction.

The other major change is fumbles: Instead of always counting as a 0, they instead just turn your roll into a completely randomized one without any base number. So if your normal Melee roll was 500+d100 (600 max), when you fumbled it would instead be 0+d600 (still 600 max, but completely randomized).

Please log in and try things out and see how it feels. Stance-dancing should be a lot more important now. That is: stay in stance defense until the enemy attacks, then go stance offense, attack your enemy, then try to get back into stance defense before the enemy can hit you back. You don't want to be attacked in stance offense. Most lower-tier enemies have roundtimes longer than 5 so stance-dancing should be easy enough. Quicker enemies will require using some additional abilities on to manage them more effectively, likes tackles and sweeps and the like.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Re: Yet Another Combat Update (YACU)

Post by ocayucos »

It seems better now. I let my guard down and mossy shamblers grasped me to death with their roots.
Rias
DEV

Re: Yet Another Combat Update (YACU)

Post by Rias »

ocayucos wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:21 am mossy shamblers grasped me to death with their roots.
That brings such joy to my heart. Glad the new grapple mechanic is effective.

Arise, my mossy minions!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO