Spit-Roasting Food

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Lexx416

Spit-Roasting Food

Post by Lexx416 »

I think I presented an idea to try to "bundle" cooking attempts together in one go, to help avoid spamming the cook commands. But, I think another neat alternative to that would be to allow for spit-roasting, to allow players to cook entire corpses at once BEFORE we process them into more manageable pieces. I would probably gate this behind cooking (maybe 200-300 skill, to represent it takes SOME training but not an expert) and bushcraft (400, as a bonus for those that are willing to dedicate themselves to bushcraft), and require a fire, as well as a new carved or forged (maybe cast as well?) item: A Spit, as well as a new BUILD recipe that runs off of BUSHCRAFT or CONSTRUCTION: Whatever the thing you hang a spit off of is called (I wanted to say tripod, but maybe you'd need to be able to build a couple of them with one command).

You would SKEWER an animal corpse with the SPIT, and then for small and medium animals, just HEAVE SPIT ONTO <HOLDER THING> by yourself, or (with the Strength Attribute or Channel Strength solo) with a friend in your group HEAVE SPIT ONTO <HOLDER> for large things.

The cook time should probably be longer - not quite the entire 80-120 minutes it would take to cook each piece individually for an elk, but personally I'd settle for a 20-30 minute cook time if it meant I could avoid spamming commands for a full elk or deer, and have the cook time scale down from 30 for smaller critters.

As an added bonus, add a spit to the Kitchen in the Hearth and Home, for folks that don't want to cook things out in the woods.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."