Pottery Stuff

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Onasaki

Pottery Stuff

Post by Onasaki »

So I've recently picked up pottery since there was a very lack of folk who do it a lot. I wanted to fill a needed niche. That being said, I've run into a few problems in the Clayworks, which some were bugs which have been reported. (IE it's using instanced materials first, and priority to non-instanced, including ones that don't belong to me. Which, I've been told is a problem, but not exactly an exploit, but I wouldn't recommend it.)

The other thing is, you can't combine tempered clay in the same way as you can, y'know, bind ingots, or blossoms. (Unless I'm missing something, though the amount of tempered clay on the workbench seems to confirm this theory.) With that said, you also can't use a single chunk of tempered clay more then once, which, to me, makes absolutely no sense when it comes to smaller objects, like sling bullets, and jars.

1 Tempered Clay = 1 Sling Bullet
2 Tempered Clay = 1 Small Jar
10 Tempered Clay = 1 Large Jar

And so on and so forth. Granted, of course, this is not to say that I think the jars should be less or more, but I was putting them up for perspective purposes. The main thing I'm mostly talking about here, is sling bullets. Which are small enough, that they should, in theory only use a little bit of one chunk. Though again, I'm just going off what I've experienced in the process myself.

Though I do think Pottery probably needs a little more love, in general.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.