Brigandine now craftable

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Rias
DEV

Brigandine now craftable

Post by Rias »

Brigandine armor is now craftable, because metalworkers can now make the "small metal plates" component that's a required component.

The current armor pieces that can be made are brigandine vest, vambraces, and pants.

Also, the brigandine recipes that existed (but weren't craftable) showed a required leatherworking skill of 300. That's been lowered to 200.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: Brigandine now craftable

Post by Rias »

Per the recent changelogs:

(Leatherworking) New recipes: brigandine gloves, brigandine gorget, brigandine coif, brigandine boots
(Tailoring) New recipes: brigandine pants, brigandine vest, brigandine vambraces, brigandine gloves, brigandine gorget, brigandine coif

The tailored varieties, being made of cloth rather than leather, are less durable.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Gorth

Re: Brigandine now craftable

Post by Gorth »

Perhaps out of scope, but my research doesn't particularly suggest that metal plates could not be applied to leather greave forms. I say this not to say we ought remove 'Brigandine Pants' entirely, but I personally dislike the idea, because I can't, in good thought, wear Brigandine Pants and trousers, or pants, it just feels wrong to me. As such, I don't wear full Brigandine anymore, I use greaves of another type. Could we perhaps get an aditional recipe of 'Brigandine Greaves?' Thank you.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.