Ridgeleather now craftable

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Rias
DEV

Ridgeleather now craftable

Post by Rias »

Ridgeleather is now craftable! Doing so requires the "Ridgeleather Crafting" ability which can be found at your local tanner/leatherworking area, a jug of ridgeleather solution for each piece (sold at the same place, factored into the resulting item's market value), and at least 200 Leatherworking skill.

I deliberated quite a while over how complicated to make the process, but eventually decided to just keep it simple with the requirement of an ability and the extra solution component. Expect some more advanced leather treatment stuff down the line that will involve some new processes to confer various additional properties.

Current ridgeleather crafts are all the heavy armor pieces. Suggestions for other ridgeleather crafts are welcome! I'm already planning to add a few things, like a ridgeleather scroll case and ... whatever those hard leather box-like pouch thingies are. There were a bunch of them in The Other Game and I can never remember what they're called.

I'm also considering a type of medium armor that's essentially brigandine but with ridgeleather plates instead of metal ones. A bit less protection and durability, but then medium armor has a ridgeleather option like heavy does now.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
nobody

Re: Ridgeleather now craftable

Post by nobody »

Rias wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:48 pm Current ridgeleather crafts are all the heavy armor pieces. Suggestions for other ridgeleather crafts are welcome! I'm already planning to add a few things, like a ridgeleather scroll case and ... whatever those hard leather box-like pouch thingies are. There were a bunch of them in The Other Game and I can never remember what they're called.
Saddles seem like they would use some leather and some ridgeleather. Ridgeleather also seems like it would be appropriate for making leather shields, which as far as player crafting I believe shields can only be woven from wicker-like plants presently.
Rias wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:48 pm I'm also considering a type of medium armor that's essentially brigandine but with ridgeleather plates instead of metal ones. A bit less protection and durability, but then medium armor has a ridgeleather option like heavy does now.
Is it possible to use ridgeleather armor with the scale recipes, and would that do anything? I definitely think people would enjoy the heavier protection of ridgeleather with the shininess of colored critter scales. Also a reminder that the metalworking recipe for metal armor plates hasn't been released yet, so brigandine is not presently craftable. I love the idea of ridgeleather armor plates though.
Rias
DEV

Re: Ridgeleather now craftable

Post by Rias »

The recipe for ridgeleather shields has been added.

Adding scales to ridgeleather armor would still be heavy armor rather than medium. Hmmm. I think ridgeleather heavy armor is good on its own without adding scales to it, but it's something to keep on the consider list.

Using scales more generally as decoration for various items would be fun, though.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO