Leatherworking recipe request: bandolier

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
nobody

Leatherworking recipe request: bandolier

Post by nobody »

I'd love to see a bandolier for holding throwing-knives, and I've gathered one of the hard parts of that process is figuring out the component requirements, but I think I can give that a decent go (inspired by looking a belts and wrist sheaths):
  • a buckle (x2)
  • a rivet (x8)
  • a skein of thread (x4)
  • enough leather to make 4 belts
Plus the standard leatherworking tools (awl and hammer?)

It should hold items of up to size small, be limited to only hold objects with the multi-throw flag, and have a capacity of 6-8 (12-16 throwing knives) I think. Worn on a shoulder slot. It should weigh probably 4 belts (0.4 pounds)?
Xandrea

Re: Leatherworking recipe request: bandolier

Post by Xandrea »

This seems pretty reasonable for me. Could have the same leather requirements as a leather vest.
12-16 throwing knives would be pretty neat. That's four attacks if you throw three at a time.
How many Sorcerers does it take to read a book?
Ephemeralis

Post by Ephemeralis »

Bandoliers have also traditionally been used to hold ammunition as well, right? Could also have them hold clay bullets/actual firearm cartridges/balls/bullets too, along with multi-throw stuff.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Ephemeralis wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:36 am Bandoliers have also traditionally been used to hold ammunition as well, right? Could also have them hold clay bullets/actual firearm cartridges/balls/bullets too, along with multi-throw stuff.
This is true, though most ammo they hold is short (so arrows and bolts are out buy they have quivers already, so no real loss) but longer than it is wide (so sling bullets probably wouldn't work well, and ditto for firearm bullets if they're also the round ball variety), but holding pressurized air canisters for your steam pistol would be a super dope use for a bandolier.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

This recipe has been added! It holds throwing-knives only at the moment, though other item types can be added in the future upon further consideration. (Darn you, now I want to work on pneumatic pistols after that mention of storing canisters.) It's worn in the new "bandolier" slot which doesn't conflict with any other worn items, so no fretting over sacrificing a shoulder slot. I figure that's part of the purpose of the bandolier. A bandolier holds 19 throwing-knives total.

Enjoy, and please report any bugs or oddities.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO