Farm structure demolition

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Agelity

Farm structure demolition

Post by Agelity »

With the changes to farm allotment coming into play, it's made the planning of individual farms that much more important, which does include addressing structure size. When it comes to furniture you can simply remove it, but unfortunately with structures I'm unaware of any manner in which they can be destroyed.

I was curious if there were any current plans as to whether or not characters would be able to have a manner of destroying farm structures to make more room if they have a limited plot size. Perhaps those with construction or a related skill could get some recovered material to be used for future projects (not much, just some repurposed wood, nails, etc.) whereas those without the skill may find themselves with worthless scrap to be burned or tossed.

In my instance I know I have a small hutch and chicken coop I wouldn't mind getting rid of to make room, and I suspect a few others may want to replan their farms a bit now that they've had time to test things out.
Rias
DEV

Re: Farm structure demolition

Post by Rias »

This is now a thing! Bring a maul or sledgehammer and use the DEMOLISH command. I tried to think of all the cases that should prevent demolition (fences if animals are present, shelters if animals are living in them, if there are items inside the structure). If I missed any, please report them via the BUG command.

Currently only the farmland renter can perform demolitions, to prevent other people from wrecking someone else's property. Might come up with a way to allow others assisting at some point.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Agelity

Re: Farm structure demolition

Post by Agelity »

This is awesome, thank you! Definitely a big help for farm maintenance.

I was actually a little curious if mauls were implemented yet (don't recall seeing a recipe or shop with one), but a sledgehammer will do quite nicely.