suggestions for milking

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Kalista

suggestions for milking

Post by Kalista »

I'm not sure if this suggestion was made before, but I figured since farming is being worked on it wouldn't hurt to make it again.
It's mostly a minor irritant, but when milking goats, cows I'm sure have the same problem, I have to milk them, pour the 10 or so buckets into a barrel, heave the barrel into a cart, take it to the market, heave it out, fill the buckets again, because when trying to sell just the milk in the barrel, it sells the entire barrel and then take the lot back with me where I start all over.
is there any way either buckets can become bigger so they hold more and I don't need 10 of them, or barrels get fixed to only sell the milk, and the default container can be set to barrels if there is one in the area.
milking itself is a long process, and there's many a day I don't even do it because it's just too much work.
Irylia

Re: suggestions for milking

Post by Irylia »

You should be able to bypass the barrel for now if the issue is you can't sell contents out of them without losing the barrel. Full buckets can be sold directly from a handcart without selling the bucket. Use sell handcart contents for the command. This way you're just milking into buckets - transferring the buckets to the handcart - and using "sell handcart contents". Far fewer steps. I'm guessing barrels might not work for this because it's not very practical to try and milk a short-ish animal with a barrel. Anyway, hope that helps in the meantime.
Rias
DEV

Re: suggestions for milking

Post by Rias »

I fixed barrels so they no longer take your barrel from you when you sell liquids. I believe this plus Irylia's advice should leave you sitting pretty. You'll still have to do the pour bucket into barrel thing though, because I just can't picture milking an animal directly into a large barrel. Oooh, though that gives me an idea for some kind of giraffe-like animal ...
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO