PCs can now repair metal items

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Rias
DEV

PCs can now repair metal items

Post by Rias »

PCs with the Metalworking skill can now repair metal items. Items that have suffered significant damage may require having some of the same metal type on hand for the repairs. In general, more skill means faster repairs. Items of particularly high quality that are badly damaged may not be repairable by metalworkers with lower skill.

There is currently no chance of quality loss from repairs, though I plan to add that soon(tm) along with an option for a more talented metalworker to restore an item to its original higher quality, so there's never the threat of permanent quality loss striking fear into the hearts of fancy item owners.

I recommend (beg? plead?) that metalworkers charge a fee for these repair services to help keep the player-run economy alive. You can always take the item to an NPC repair place and see what the NPC would charge, and then base your own rates on that. While you could undercut the NPC price, remember that NPC repairs take a full 24 hours to complete. I think it would make more sense to actually charge more than the NPCs if it's going to be an immediate repair, which would equate to a rush job.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO