Construction Recipes and Suggestions

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Irylia

Construction Recipes and Suggestions

Post by Irylia »

I didn't see another thread for this already so I'm going to post a few recipe ideas here, though I'll leave the components to you.

- Wooden Flat-bed Wagon
- Wooden Covered Wagon
- Wooden Mummer's Wagon (or whatever you would want to call an all-wood instead of canvas covered wagon)
- Wooden Wagon Seat (with metal suspension)
- Wooden Well Cover
- Stone/Brick Well Casing
- Elevated Wooden Well House
- Wooden Bed Frame (tailors can make the mattress maybe)
- Wooden Storage Shed
- Wooden Wagon House (for handcarts and wagons - though you might not want this to be a thing, but I could see people getting fancy with it when customization comes in)
- Wooden Stables (because horses are too fancy for a normal ol' cow-shed - clearly)

There could be options for either a traditional well with a crank handle or one with a metal pump too maybe. Wagon cover would fall under weaving.
Last edited by Irylia on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
DEV

Re: Construction Recipes

Post by Rias »

though I'll leave the components to you
You monster.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Irylia

Re: Construction Recipes

Post by Irylia »

Haha, well I gave the main "parts" but I don't know how many planks or dowels or nails you want for each thing.
Irylia

Re: Construction Recipes and Suggestions

Post by Irylia »

Would it be possible to make it so that partially built construction projects show you about how much is left to work on when you look at them? Also I noticed that both "look" and "examine" show the item and its components, but examine also shows the size. Is it intended to see the same thing for both or would examine be meant to show the parts and look maybe just show the item and size? Looking at a finished product only shows its base description and purpose. Neither viewing option seems to show how much space the project is taking up like the finished product does. Not a huge deal, granted, but it just seems a little odd and inconsistent. Examples below:

LOOK:
You take a closer look at a partially-built rough small animal shed in the area ...
You see nothing particularly unusual about the partially-built rough small animal shed.
It has the following minor components:
some copper nails (x100)
a long fir plank (x40)
a fine medium pine plank (x19)
a fine short pine plank (x15)
a medium fir plank

EXAMINE:
You carefully examine a partially-built rough small animal shed in the area ...
You see nothing particularly unusual about the partially-built rough small animal shed.
It has the following minor components:
some copper nails (x100)
a long fir plank (x40)
a fine medium pine plank (x19)
a fine short pine plank (x15)
a medium fir plank
It is a small item.

LOOK:
You take a closer look at a rough pine small animal shed in the area ...
A small animal shed designed to contain animals such as sheep or goats.

EXAMINE:
You carefully examine a rough pine small animal shed in the area ...
A small animal shed designed to contain animals such as sheep or goats.
It is a huge item, mainly made of pine.
It is a container that can hold items of a size up to huge, with a capacity of 50.
It is an animal shelter that could house up to 8 animals.
It is a structure that takes up 8 plots of land.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

Can we add a way to see how much fencing a certain amount of farmland might require - either to the farm command or via construction? It's hard to know how many fencing materials to make or give someone an estimate when you're unsure how many sections of fence you need to build.
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

It would be nice if there was a way to build items you don't necessarily intend on keeping even if your farmland is "full". Furniture items that are meant to be sold, for example, or handcarts. If you could separate out the build command from a "place" type command for those items that aren't permanent structures, it would be really helpful. The end product would either end up in your hands (in the case of furniture), to be put in transport and hauled off, or might require a trust system in the case of handcarts. Obviously a person could just move the parts off-site to build, but it's always easier to not have to gather everything up and move it when there's code in-place to automatically pull components from various farm structures and containers and the ground.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Alternatively, add a work room to the sawmill that has instanced storage like the clayworks and blacksmithing workyard so there is a designated work space for non-structure building projects like furniture and handcarts.
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

I request the ability to construct a permanent stone firepit on farmland that you can just dump wood into and light, potentially burning longer than a campfire bundle.
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Or that the stonepit holds a larger storage than a campfire, so you can stack wood for the entire evening!

Tacking onto the previous "Can we see how long we have left to craft a partially constructed item" it would be nice if this was revisited, as I know this was recently implemented for felling trees!
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

The recipe does currently give an estimated total build time. The problem is the step count is completely wrong so the build time is also wrong. But it would be nice to have some way to tell how much progress has been made or what's left to do on a project that can take hours to complete. Also +1 firepits for farms.