Recipe Information and Finished Product Description

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Irylia

Recipe Information and Finished Product Description

Post by Irylia »

I wasn't sure if I should post this in Suggestions/Tweaks or here, so apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place.

I was wondering if there's any way for recipes to give a description of the finished product in advance - maybe as a different command so that it doesn't get too cluttered with the general "Recipe Info" option that currently exists. Right now it seems to give the basic materials and tools requirements, but it would be neat to get a better idea of both what the item will turn out to be as well as its intended function. Including information such as "this item is a component for x,y,z" or even that it's a component at all, its size, its weight, its capacity (for containers), its typical base stats for weapons, armor, or clothing etc. Essentially, anything that shows when you examine the finished product. This would give players a better idea what it is we're making before committing time and resources to its creation. I do also understand that with some items quality will affect what is displayed on the finished product which is why I recommended a kind of example base stats scenario (maybe of the average quality standard).

The reason I bring this up is there are several woodworking and construction items I'm not sure about the use for or what they actually are. And with construction especially, there are several different types of the same kind of container object, but I can't tell which ones might hold only small items, medium, or large - or generally what the difference is between them aside from their names and resource requirements. I'm sure this is probably the same for other professions as well.

If this option already exists I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Rias
DEV

Re: Recipe Information and Finished Product Description

Post by Rias »

To-doed: Add examine output of a dummy item to the recipe info
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Irylia

Re: Recipe Information and Finished Product Description

Post by Irylia »

Awesome, thanks!