Crafted items: steps, prices, skill, so forth

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Irylia

Re: Crafted items: steps, prices, skill, so forth

Post by Irylia »

Thanks for looking into this!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

This was a tad more complicated than I anticipated, but I think I've got it down. Even things like short planks should now go all the way "up the line" based on what they, and their parents, and their grandparents, etc. were crafted from. They also take into account how many were produced - so a medium plank gets cut into two short planks, meaning each short plank's value is half the parent's (plus any additional time required to craft it).

So a short plank considers it's one of two from a medium plank, which is one of two from a long plank, which is one of four from a hewn timber - considering the value and steps required to craft each of these items. And things like a handcart will consider all of this for each plank that was required to put said handcart together. And stuff.

Whew. One step closer to every item having a default value based on all the components it consists of, and the time taken to craft said components, and all the other fun stuff.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

P.S. I updated the prices of non-cosigned items at the market. Those who have consigned items may want to take a glance and compare against the base market values that were adjusted due to this update.

P.P.S. Please report any prices that seem to be way out of whack. (Yes, handcarts really are supposed to be that expensive. They take a lot of components, time, and effort to put together.)
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO