Profit Efficiency Charts - Knitting and Woodworking

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Staz

Profit Efficiency Charts - Knitting and Woodworking

Post by Staz »

I decided to try every available woodworking and knitting recipe and make charts comparing them in terms of efficiency at generating riln, because something is wrong with me I guess. Now that I'm done, I figured I'd share so other people don't have to trial-and-error their way to making money.

Both charts are for average quality products made from basic materials. The woodworking chart assumes you are using fir or cedar, and the knitting chart assumes you are using plain sheep's wool.

Knitting Numbers

Woodworking Numbers

The takeaways from this are interesting to me.

First, the relationship between shorter crafting time and riln per hour. Due to the 5 seconds of roundtime at the end of a craft before you can repeat it, you end up spending much more of the hour doing nothing on crafts with only 3-5 steps. Conversely, some of the most complex crafts with a high step count end up having middling or even low profit efficiency -- ponchos and wheel hubs, for example.

Second, knitting is many times more profitable per hour than woodworking, depending on the recipes being compared. I knew different professions would have different results, but I didn't expect them to be so significant. It makes me wish my character had considered taking up weaving sooner!

This process was simple but very tedious, and I doubt I will be able to do it for other professions, due to both the motivational and mechanical limitations of the character I play. I hope some of your find them helpful!