Woodcutting Suggestions

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Lexx416

Woodcutting Suggestions

Post by Lexx416 »

This is a thread for general Woodcutting suggestions!

It'd be great if Woodcutters with sufficient skill could coppice trees, for the purpose of producing straight branches, without having to fell a whole tree.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Rias
DEV

Re: Woodcutting Suggestions

Post by Rias »

Ooooh, coppicing is a neat idea. Not sure how I'd go about implementing it, but to-doed!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Rias wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:59 pm Ooooh, coppicing is a neat idea. Not sure how I'd go about implementing it, but to-doed!
Considering we have to allow for playability for most things to grow, maybe an ability related to Woodcutting, where you can cut down a small tree, and as it grows back in, it grows as straight branches. Requires that same ability to properly harvest, so as not to ruin the copse. The longer you let it go without harvesting, the larger the branches grow.

It usually takes like... Upwards of 50 years for a copse to grow in. But everything else is pretty fairly sped up on Cogg!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

It would be great if there's a way to remove the stumps we leave behind and re-purpose them somehow. Also if we could replant or fill-in the remaining hole that would be neat. I don't like leaving a mess when I do my work and sustainability would be nice, even for pixels.
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

This might be more of a handcart suggestion, but it would be great if we could fit some tools in a handcart along with the 4-log limit. It seems like they have room for EXACTLY 4 logs and if anything at all is in there other than that the 4 logs don't fit. I tend to take a spare logging axe or two when felling trees so that I can swap them if one needs repairs. I just think it would be nice if we could fit them in there on top of the logs - especially since body space for containers to hold such large tools is so limited.