Closable containers

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Bean

Closable containers

Post by Bean »

Hi!

So, we all love canteens. Canteens are great. However, it'd be pretty great too if we had other types of containers that could be opened and closed, just like the fabulous, glorious, and cuddliest bags of liquid we all know and love.

Here are some ideas.

Vial: probably made through pottery. A fancy little liquid container that works much like a standard pottery jar, however, one must create a stopper for it out of wood.

Bottle: either pottery, smithing, or woodworking. Just your evry day liquid container. Not sure how much it'd hold, but I figure about as much as a canteen would be reasonable.

Large bottle: Bigger and better than ever! Use this at fancy dinner parties to show off your collection of wines.

Flask: leatherworked or smithed. Attach this to your belt and enjoy a mug's worth of liquid.

That's all I can think of right now, but if anybody else has any more ideas, I'd love to hear them. :)
Gorth

Re: Closable containers

Post by Gorth »

I think more closable's, particularly ones that can be warn on a belt, would be awesome. I feel like there's a large destinction in size between the mug and the canteen, and while my character drinks a lot, sometimes I'd like to finish the container of liquid in RP without having to drink every twenty seconds, or spam people with mug refills and such things.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Taliaferro

Re: Closable containers

Post by Taliaferro »

Yes, please! All of those. I especially want bottles. Both craftable ones and store-bought glass ones, unless and until we have glassblowing as a craft skill.

Waterskins/wineskins.

Leather jacks and bombards and costrels and such.

https://skillcult.com/blog/2015/11/28/t ... eather-mug