Masonry Additions

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Shaula

Masonry Additions

Post by Shaula »

I love the masonry skill. Here are some ideas for additional stonework recipes.

numbered dice
pip dice
spinner (like a dreidel) where you choose four designs, and when you spin it, it randomly shows one of the four
small runestone, where you choose one letter to put on it, and which language
sling stone
tile, and with enough you could tile a personal home's floor
jug
jar
pot
bowl
statuette
brick
inscribed slab, where you choose the writing to go on it, and you can put it somewhere like a sign
small obelisk, and you can optionally choose writing to go on it to make it a small inscribed obelisk
mortar
pestle
cooking stone
flowerpot
rolling pin
idol
sundial
playing marbles

Also, can we have a way to polish our stone crafts after we make them? So instead of "a limestone ring", it would be "a polished limestone ring".

How do we add a crafting mark to our crafts? Will there ever be a way to custom describe our crafts?
Rias
DEV

Re: Masonry Additions

Post by Rias »

I'm working on adding some of this stuff now, thanks for the suggestions. I've considered having all stonework items start out as "rough" and you can take extra steps to polish them. Still considering.

You can use the CRAFTMARK command to request a custom crafting mark, which has to go through an approval process. Once you have a crafting mark approved, use the MODIFY BRAND to add your crafting mark (or brand, if you will) to an item you crafted yourself.

I do plan on custom descriptions that crafters can add to their items - again, requiring approval. In fact, it looks like I was almost done with a system to request item customizations, so I'll probably finish that up while I'm thinking about it. I do need to think about restrictions to put into place. How much skill might be required to customize, how often item customization requests can be submitted, and so on.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
nobody

Re: Masonry Additions

Post by nobody »

I wanted to second the mortar & pestle recipe(s), and also suggest recipes for large bins (relatively cheap but very heavy), small bins (still relatively heavy), bowls, basins, if/when slate is minable, writing slates.

I am aware that stone masonry is slated (pun intended) to be merged into a minor crafts skill, but I would still love to see more recipes.

Oh, also wheels. They'd be heavier than wood wheels, but certainly still usable.