Locksmithing from hiding: Only when held in hand

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Rias
DEV

Locksmithing from hiding: Only when held in hand

Post by Rias »

Previously, it was possible to pick the locks on items on the ground from hiding. This was a bit silly, picking the locks on large strongboxes on the ground or a locked town gate while the inhabitants walked past without any clue of what was happening to their precious locked things out in the open. This is no longer possible, though it's still possible to pick the locks on held items while hiding.

On the bright side, it's now possible to disarm traps from hiding if you're holding the item, where before the disarm command couldn't be used at all while hidden.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Teri

Re: Locksmithing from hiding: Only when held in hand

Post by Teri »

The mental image was silly, so this will make lockpicking around foes more exciting. I am curious if there will be any intended changes in regard to tumblers? Apart from repeating the known pattern they can be pretty lengthy to unlock in time before being attacked and starting over. If no changes I could certainly see it as a risk it for the biscuit thing or getting others to guard for but has certainly been a solo-able thing when able to hide.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time