Leatherworking outside town

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Teyarflow

Leatherworking outside town

Post by Teyarflow »

I was wondering if it would ever be possible to do leatherworking outside town. It would require building the trough, tub, barrel, and frame, and supplying water and brining materials for the first three. I think this could go a long way toward helping the outdoorsmen feel like they can go out on long hunting trips, make camp at a favorite spot, practice their craft out there for a while before returning to town. Not a huge deal, but it would help give a nice feel.
Talyn

Re: Leatherworking outside town

Post by Talyn »

As far as I know the only cartable leatherworking thing is a tanning frame. The other things we can't because we do not have the solutions for it. Tanning leather requires some pretty nasty stuff, as for a barrel. hmm I've not actually tried to fill a barrel of water and see if you can put tannin in it.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Onasaki

Re: Leatherworking outside town

Post by Onasaki »

We can build barrels on farms, and fill them with water. So why not in the wilderness? We can also build food troughs, so leather troughs shouldn't be too farfetched an idea, either. And a trough is just smaller, rectangular tub. So that kinda counts too.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.