What should I do?

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Fall

What should I do?

Post by Fall »

I'm trying to decide what to spend my points on, other than combat. I think I'd like to do crafting in down time, but I don't know what to choose. Is there anything needed?
You notice ((DEV Rias)) reaching discreetly into your crude threadbare wool pants! Seeing your attention, he quickly withdraws his hand.
Irylia

Re: What should I do?

Post by Irylia »

There's a somewhat outdated thread about people and the roles they want their characters to fill here: http://cogg.contrarium.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11. It might be a good place to start. But generally I would say do what you enjoy and what fits your character, not what others might need. Things needed will always sort themselves out and points are limited :)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'll second "do what you enjoy and fits your character."

That said, if what fits your character is to take up a skill to fill a need in the community, nothing wrong with taking suggestions - as long as it doesn't go wildly against your character somehow, of course. I think people have been having trouble finding a potter/clayworker lately. I haven't seen anyone do leatherworking in a long time, so that's another potential option, and your character might also take up skinning if there isn't a supply of pelts to work with at the market.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Likewise, I haven't seen a leatherworker in a while! Unsure of how much of a demand there is, but folks would probably appreciate fur garments in the dead of winter.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Xandrea

Post by Xandrea »

I'm a profession magnet. I go after whatever I feel like going for generally. Xan's really thinning herself out but, I'll take a hit in my main spec to get more diversity. Personally I think every character would reasonably have one or two tradeskills minimum unless they're whole hog dogs of war.etc Some skills can really compliment your personality where as like with mine you can have a skill that could seem to contradict them on the surface. I say go with your gut.
How many Sorcerers does it take to read a book?
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Xandrea wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:51 pm I'm a profession magnet. I go after whatever I feel like going for generally. Xan's really thinning herself out but, I'll take a hit in my main spec to get more diversity. Personally I think every character would reasonably have one or two tradeskills minimum unless they're whole hog dogs of war.etc Some skills can really compliment your personality where as like with mine you can have a skill that could seem to contradict them on the surface. I say go with your gut.
I tend to agree with this. Unless someone feels a need to maximize EVERY combat oriented skill, most characters can probably fit 100-200 points of skills into some kind of trade skill, and still find it both fun/good RP, and useful.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Xandrea

Post by Xandrea »

I have the opposite problem I'm slowly maximizing every craft skill lol
How many Sorcerers does it take to read a book?